On October 31, 2011, Kim Kardashian fans gathered in Manhattan, New York, for a candlelight vigil, showing their sorrow over Kimâ€™s divorce. The gathering began from an ad placed on Craigslist.org, which called for people to meet outside a Dash store.
â€œWe’ll be gathering in front of the Dash store in Soho today at 4:15 to hold a vigil for the marriage of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humpreys,â€ said the Craigslist ad. â€œIt’s a sad day.â€
The various attendees brought flowers, candles, magazine covers, and signs. In addition, a couple individuals arrived in party costumes, such as Scooby-Doo and Pee-wee Herman, and then there was some guy with a guitar.
Before the event came to a close and people dispersed for the night, photos were snapped and uploaded online, capturing the moment for all to enjoy.
Before you worry about your Mardi Gras party supplies, hereâ€™s some information about this splendid celebration:
Mardi Gras is French for â€œFat Tuesday,â€ which refers to the night before the start of the Lenten season. Historically, the Lenten season was a time of fasting where you could not indulge in rich, fatty foods. Mardi Gras, however, was the time when you let loose and enjoyed these decadent foods before they were seen as taboo. These days, Mardi Gras is a time of enjoyment, noise, celebration, and friends, and now we want to help give you some Margi Gras party ideas for supplies and decorations.
This celebration is all about color, excitement, and energy, so your party invitations should let your guests know what to expect at your party. If you want them to feel excited, decorate the front of the card with Mardi Gras party decorations and beads, or send a real bead necklace out with each of your party invitations. You could require your guests to wear them to gain entrance to your party, conveying the message of exclusivity.
Mardi Gras Themed Party Supplies
All of your party supplies and party decorations should follow a color scheme, and the Mardi Gras colors give you plenty of freedom and liberty. Green, purple, yellow, red, blue, pink, these are all acceptable Mardi Gras colors for your party decorations. Honestly, you just want your party to contain a sense of excitement for life â€“ everything should focus on the act of celebrating because you can celebrate. If you want to combine green and purple, go ahead and do it. If you want your party decorations to be blue, red, and yellow, you are completely all right. If you have fun with your party supplies colors, your guests will feel it.
Mardi Gras Party Favors
The moment your guests hit the entrance of your party, you should be handing out the Mardi Gras party favors. Obviously, included in your party favors should be a bunch of bead necklaces, which people can adorn however they please. Also, noisemakers are ideal party favors for any Mardi Gras celebration. Again, the more energy in your party, the more people are going to get into it.
Depending on the style of Mardi Gras party you are going for, you could make it a themed party with costumes, where everyone has to dress up in traditional Mardi Gras colors and masks. This would give your party an extra level of immersion that most other parties pass up. If you decide on party costumes, be sure to send out the word with your party invitations. Having guests show up unprepared would kill some of the energetic buzz of the party.
Throughout my many years of life, I have ordered party supplies, hosted personal parties, gained some party safety tips, attended family holiday parties, supported school dances, decorated community events, and catered for college parties. Some of them were good, some of them were awful, and some of them were indifferent. Regardless, each of them have left some kind of mental imprint in my mind. Even now, countless years later, I still remember these fine details, which will surely stick with me as I age. It is these imprints, this party supplies knowledge, that I wish to bestow upon you. These are merely the personal stories of what I have come to enjoy, hate, and admire in the parties I have attended throughout my life. Take from them what you wish.
Age 6: Child Themed Birthday Party Supplies and Costumes
When I was six-years old, I was madly fascinated by the Ninja Turtles. There was nothing more fantastical, or interesting, than the sight of radioactive turtles bashing around a bunch of evil ninjas. Remember, little boys have simple attention spans, especially at such a young age. Thankfully, my parents picked up on this love and did something so astonishing that I still remember my excitement to this day: they ordered Ninja Turtle costumes and had some relatives show up in them. It was like my heroes jumped right out of the cartoons and into my birthday party.
At the sight of those Ninja Turtle costumes, all of my friends turned green with envy. Some of them even went home and told their parents, who then performed something similar at their birthday parties. Sure, my parents could have simply focused on Ninja Turtle party supplies or party decorations, but they didn’t. They went one step further and gave me a memory I will cherish forever. For a young child, party costumes add that extra sensation of fantasy and disbelief. If you are planning your child’s birthday party, do not pass up this opportunity.
Obviously, not every kid still loves Ninja Turtles. You need to, instead, find the characters, toys, or movie heroes that your child loves, and bring them to the party. It supplies your child with more joy than you could ever imagine. Or, I know it did for me.
Throwing a successful party is a huge task, but it does not have to be ridden with anxiety and stress. With some prior assistance, you can actualize the dream of entertaining all your guests. Of course, there will be a lot of work and planning involved, yet the payoff is worth it. Here is a list of tips for throwing a party:
1. Decide on an overall theme for your party. Once you have finalized your decision, purchase some themed party supplies to create an immersive environment. Parties let people temporarily escape into a world of fantasy and disbelief, so do your best to enhance this immersion.
2. After getting back your party invitations, publicize the guest-list of everyone attending. This will help eliminate any guests showing up unexpectedly and causing tension. In addition, let everyone know whether their children are allowed or not. Disclose as much information as possible before your guests arrive.
3. Depending on the size of your party, you may want to hire some bartenders or servers. This will free you up to enjoy the company of your guests. If you are throwing a costumes party, have the servers all wear the same costumes. Screen all potential employees before you finalize the hiring process.
4. Party decorations are a great way for you to release some creative energy. Spend enough time on each room in your house and you will have all of your guests wowed in no time.
5. Section off an area of the house for coats and loose articles of clothing. Keep the door locked and require guests to speak to you to gain entrance. This will keep everyoneâ€™s attention on the party and not their possessions.
6. If kids are attending your party, purchase some child-friendly foods, like pizza, hotdogs, or chicken nuggets. Serve these on child themed tableware to add a bit of party flair. Also, hand out party favors to every child in attendance.
7. Try to keep conversational topics away from controversial subjects, like religion, politics, or interpersonal dilemmas. Your party should help people get away from the stresses of life, not encourage it.
7. If you are not throwing a Super Bowl party, have some soft music playing in the background. A silent party can easily kill the mood. Plus, some music will encourage a bit of dancing between couples or new friends.
8. Serve the party food on a buffet line, with the tableware at the beginning. This expedites the process of individuals getting food and encourages discussion between neighboring buffet attendants.
9. It is better to have too many drinks than not enough. If you want to keep your guests around for a while, plan accordingly and keep a healthy stock of varying bottled liquids, like soda, water, juice, or alcoholic beverages.
10. Finally, if you are serving alcohol, never let your friends drink and drive. If someone seems too intoxicated, take their keys and give them time to sober up.
You are now well equipped with the information needed to throw a successful party. Have fun and enjoy the experience!